The Benefits of Certification
Increase your earning potential with a professional certification. The Certified Quality Manager (CQM) program helps Quality Managers, Chief Quality Officers, and other quality professionals gain recognition for their significant accomplishments, and enhance their career prospects and earning potential. It also helps advance their skills and expertise with various classes and seminars, and other learning opportunities.
Levels of Certification
There are three levels of certification in the Certified Quality Manager (CQM) program (see chart below for requirements):
- The Associate certification (CAQM) is for junior level professionals, and others looking to gain experience in the quality field.
- The mid-level certification (CQM) is for Quality Managers and other quality professionals with experience who have demonstrated competence in their field.
- The Senior certification (CSQM) is reserved for seasoned Quality Managers and other quality professionals who have demonstrated significant competence and accomplishments in their area(s) of expertise.
Once certified, you may apply to upgrade your level of certification at no charge as you satisfy additional education or work experience requirements.
How to Become Certified
To become certified, candidates must provide proof of qualifications, sign an ethics pledge, and take an intensive 8-hour certification training course. Refer to the CQM course listings on the Training & Events page to see the topics covered. There are 3 easy steps to certification:
- Pre-Apply – Click the button at the bottom of this page and submit the pre-application form. GAQP will determine which level of certification you qualify for and contact you within 2 business days. There is no charge or obligation to pre-apply.
- Pay the Application & Certification fee and provide any requested supporting documentation.
- Train – Complete the required training which is offered monthly via virtual classroom (online) with a live instructor. See upcoming classes on the Training & Events page. Upon completion of the 8-hour training your certification will become active immediately. You will receive a certificate and may begin using the appropriate designation in your professional title.